Integrated Book Marketing & PR Campaign Yields Outstanding Results
When JJR Marketing was asked to take on a new Kickstarter campaign to help publish Jim O's first book, we said “Yes.” Most agencies would not touch a $40,000 goal, 30-day Kickstarter campaign, but JJR was ready for the challenge. Not only did we accomplish the goal, but we actually surpassed it by 16%. Successfully executing a Kickstarter campaign requires strategic planning, use of the right resources, innovative thinking, network activation, perseverance and commitment. If the campaign does not reach the desired goal, the campaign does not go through. It is an all-or-nothing type of campaign.
Results for the Client:
- Created all the marketing components including Kickstarter page, social media ads, press releases, media alerts
- Raised 116% of the $40,000 in 30 days
- Caught the interest of celebrities such as Connie Kalitta, Alexa DiJoria, Jesse James, Chip Foose and other well known legendary crew chiefs from the National Hot Rod Association who helped fund the campaign.
- JJR and Jim O received prestigious award “Golden Trumpet” Award from the Publicity Club of Chicago for a well-executed integrated marketing campaign in the Marketing + Consumer category
- The Book was ghost writing project that now has a 4.8 star review on Amazon.com
- Thousands of books sold within the first 60 days of book launch
- Created Jim Os personal website and continued getting media placements
“We knew that collaborating with JJR that we could present Jim O.’s powerful story to not only NHRA racing fans but to a larger audience. The response to the book has been great. Working with JJR has been a fruitful and positive partnership and we were thrilled to know that our collaboration yielded incredible results.”
-Brian Marshal, referrer to Jim O